In early March, Dan and I headed to Chamonix-Mont-Blanc (the site of the first winter Olympics) with our friends Alicesara and Brandon to do some end-of-winter skiing and snowboarding. Chamonix is located in the French Alps near the point where the French, Swiss, and Italian borders come together, and Mont Blanc is the highest mountain in the European Alps. The town of Chamonix is very cute, with lots of restaurants and shops lining the pedestrian area, and the mountains are pretty amazing (especially during a sunset!).
During our trip, I learned that blue runs are still too steep and scary for me but I got some great instruction on the bunny hill from the Lesters. Dan did some off piste snowboarding, Alicesara showed off her impressive skiing skills, and Brandon got a lot more comfortable on the slopes. We all ate lots of crepes, sampled some Swiss fondue and French wine, and had an awesome time together!
I didn't know this was the site of the first Olympics, pretty nice. the pictures were beautiful. i am so glad you guys are taking advantage of all these opportunities. love you
ReplyDeleteso fun!!! so jealous!! miss you guys and can't wait to see you!! so soon!! eek!! :-)
ReplyDelete